Tax Reform is Here
The moment we’ve been anticipating nearly three decades has finally arrived: we are now face-to-face with comprehensive tax reform.
The outcome of the 2016 elections has caused the stars to align in just the right way for this opportunity to become a reality. When the 115th Congress commences in January, tax reform is going to be one of the first major pieces of business.
While the exact schedule is still speculative, we expect the House Ways and Means Committee could markup a bill as early as March—with the legislation continuing its way through both Houses of Congress to follow.
That’s why right now is the time to tell your Members of Congress what you do and do not want to see in that legislation. Your voice—the voice of those fighting to build and strengthen their communities—is a critical part of that.
Email them. Call them. Meet with them. However you choose to engage, the Council is here to provide support in any way we can. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Also, access issue papers for:
Don't forget to subscribe to the Council’s Washington Snapshot newsletter for weekly updates on tax reform developments.
Resources on Tax Reform
- Tax Reform: Corporate Tax Integration and Philanthropy - A Deeper Dive
- FAQs: Corporate Integration Tax Reform and Philanthropy
- Senate Finance Committee Tax Reform Working Groups - 2015
- Council Summary of Senate Finance Committee Tax Reform Working Group Reports - 2015
- House bill H.R. 1 – Tax Reform Act of 2014
- Council Summary of the Tax Reform Act of 2014
- Taxreform.gov – Website from the Senate Finance Committee and House Ways and Means Committee
- House Ways and Means Committee Site on Tax Reform
- Senate Finance Committee Site on Tax Reform
- House Ways and Means Committee Hearing on Tax Reform and Charitable Deduction, February 14, 2013
- Testimony of Council Chair Kevin Murphy to House Ways and Means Committee
- Testimony of Council President and CEO Vikki Spruill to House Ways and Means Committee
- Joint Committee on Taxation Report To The House Committee On Ways And Means, On Present Law And Suggestions For Reform Submitted To The Tax Reform Working Groups, May 6, 2013