Tax Reform is Here
The moment we’ve been anticipating nearly three decades has finally arrived: we are now face-to-face with comprehensive tax reform.
Congress and the White House have begun efforts to overhaul the tax code, and are ramping up efforts to release a bill. Policymakers are eager for continued input on ways to improve our tax system.
That’s why right now is the time to tell your Members of Congress what you do and do not want to see in that legislation. Your voice—the voice of those fighting to build and strengthen their communities—is a critical part of that.
Email them. Call them. Meet with them. However you choose to engage, the Council is here to provide support in any way we can. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Also, access issue papers for:
Don't forget to subscribe to the Council’s Washington Snapshot newsletter for weekly updates on tax reform developments.
Resources on Tax Reform
- Council Tax Reform Comments to Senate Finance Committee - July 2017
- Tax Reform: Corporate Tax Integration and Philanthropy - A Deeper Dive
- FAQs: Corporate Integration Tax Reform and Philanthropy
- Senate Finance Committee Tax Reform Working Groups - 2015
- Council Summary of Senate Finance Committee Tax Reform Working Group Reports - 2015
- House bill H.R. 1 – Tax Reform Act of 2014
- Council Summary of the Tax Reform Act of 2014
- Taxreform.gov – Website from the Senate Finance Committee and House Ways and Means Committee
- House Ways and Means Committee Site on Tax Reform
- Senate Finance Committee Site on Tax Reform
- House Ways and Means Committee Hearing on Tax Reform and Charitable Deduction, February 14, 2013
- Testimony of Council Chair Kevin Murphy to House Ways and Means Committee
- Testimony of Council President and CEO Vikki Spruill to House Ways and Means Committee
- Joint Committee on Taxation Report To The House Committee On Ways And Means, On Present Law And Suggestions For Reform Submitted To The Tax Reform Working Groups, May 6, 2013